Service for bikers
We offer professionally guided mountain biking tours in association with the Mountainbikezentrum Salzkammergut. REGULAR TOURS are offered at least three times a week and cost € 60,00 per person. We guarantee that at least three of the tours begin right at the hotel and at least two skill levels are offered on the same days.
A further tour begins in the centre of Bad Goisern. Participants are divided into two to three different skill groups: changes in altitude of 200 – 500, 600 – 900 and 1,000 – 1,300 metres. Groups are formed on site in association with Helmut Simonlehner, the Head of the Mountainbikezentrum Salzkammergut.
Further regular tours with starting points in neighbouring communities are offered, too. These tours can be reserved with or without the bike shuttle service. The price of the shuttle depends on the distance and you will receive further information on site. The tours are THE alternative to become acquainted with the mountains and lakes in other parts of the Salzkammergut.
An overview of the regular tours of the following weeks can be found at the hotel - we will help you in your planing.
As EVERY mountain biking guide comes from the region, they know not only about mountain biking offers, but have a lot to say about the Salzkammergut. As trained mountain biking instructors, they combine every tour with a short technical training.
In addition to the regular tours, you can also reserve your own private guide who will take only you or your friends out for a tour.
The price for the private guide for up to 4 persons is € 120.00 and for 5 – 10 persons € 150.00. For groups of more than 10 persons, a second guide will go along. We will gladly make you a detailed offer.
Guests that do not wish to take part in a day tour, but would like to work on their technique should choose a technical training for € 80.00 per person.
Get to know the mountain biking highlights in other parts of the Salzkammergut:
- "Through the Auseerland", incl. the Viehbergalm and the so-called "Öfen"
- "In the Shadow of the Traunstein" – through the region of Lake Traun
- "The Great Lakes Tour" – via Lake Wolfgang and the Schwarzensee into the Ischlerland
These three tours, including the shuttle service, are offered for € 100.00 per person (offered for at least 2 persons)
Individual tour consultation
When you check in, you hosts Andrea and Bernhard will give you the first tips – the motto is get out on your bike after the long trip.
Our benefits of guided tours:
- Individual consultation during registration
- Groups organised according to skills and experience
- Special equipment tips for the day
- Tour briefing and special features
- Tips for adjusting your bike
- Technical tips for the tour
- Panorama highlights and photo stops
- Regional information from experts
- Selected stops: reservations, regional dishes
- Insider tips
- Organisation of transport (if necessary)
- Max. 10 persons
- Tours even in the case of poor weather (adapted courses)
- Punctual starts
- Bike check before the tour
- Evaluation of participants
- Info about levels of difficulty and obstacles
- Knowledge of the terrain
- Up-to-date path conditions
- Information about the weather and potential dangers
- First aid knowledge (guide)
- Dressing material (guide)
- Repair set and spare parts (guide)
- Only certified guides!
Guided tours for e-bikers
For our E-Mountain bikers, we offer special guided tours and technical trainings.
The price for up to 4 persons is € 130,00 per day tour or technical training.
GPS tracks are offered free for download on our homepage - or ask for "Komoot" for your handy.
Programme for bike-free days
Several times a week, we offer guided hikes with "Betty".
A special highlight is the gondola trip to the Krippenstein – Visit to the Höhlenwelt (world of caves) – Have your photo taken by the peak camera at the World Heritage Spiral and send it home as an electronic postcard!
The 72 lakes of the Salzkammergut (for instance Lake Wolfgang, Lake Traun, Lake Atter or Lake Mond, Altaussee Lake, Grundl Lake or Lake Hallstatt, just to mention the largest amongst them) make it difficult to decide which one to jump into on any particular day.
The World Heritage city of Hallstatt, along with its salt mines, or the imperial city of Ischl and the Eurotherme there make it difficult to decide whether to bike or not. …and then we have the city of Salzburg, which is only 65 kilometres away.
Ready for your holidays? Send us your no-obligation enquiry and spend fantastic days in the beautiful Salzkammergut. For more information we can gladly be reached by mail. We look forward to your visit!