Interesting facts about the Hotel Agathawirt from A to Z
Guest information: Questions and answers about your holiday
Below we have summarized some important and interesting informations for you, which could be useful for your holiday in Austria at Landhotel Agathawirt.
A-la-carte Restaurant Agathawirt - Opening hours
The Landhotel Agathawirt includes it's own à la carte restaurant, that is open at the following times:
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays:
11.00 – 22.00 Uhr
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:
17.00 – 22.00 Uhr
- Monday and Tuesday evenings for hotel guests only - there is a smaller selection of dishes here
Arrival by car
You can easily reach the Landhotel Agathawirt by car. The best way to find out about this is on the page "Location & Direction".
Arrival by train
The nearest possible train station for your arrival is the station "Steeg-Gosau". This station is about 1.5 km away from the Hotel Agathawirt. Gladly a free transfer from the station to the hotel is possible, please register in advance at the reception. More details on how to get there by train can be found on the page "Location & Direction".
Our lockable, insured and video-monitored garages for bicycles are at your disposal free of charge. You will receive the key at the reception. Please make sure that you always lock the garages. We have the following bike garages:
- BIO garage (The MTB1 is intended for our BIO bikers)
- E-bike garage with appropriate charging stations (MTB2)
Bicycle rental / rental bikes
- High-quality rental bikes of all kinds are available at the local bike dealers.
When renting bikes from the "Goiserer Bikeworld" you will receive as guests of the Landhotel Agathawirt a discount of 10%, as well as a free delivery of your rental bikes to the hotel. If you are interested, simply contact the reception.
- Trekking bikes can be rented free of charge, please contact the reception directly.
- "Normal" trekking bikes are available to our guests free of charge.
- Rental mountain bikes and loan e-bikes we are happy to organize from the Bikeworld Bad Goisern.
Bike wash & service
Next to the bicycle garages are
- a water hose with which you can clean your bikes
- Tools and lubricants for your bikes
All this can be used by hotel guests free of charge.
- from 07.00 – 10.30
Bus stop (line Bad Ischl - Bad Aussee)
The bus stop is about 30 m away from the Landhotel Agathawirt - timetable information at the reception.
At the Hotel Agathawirt there is a separate playground for children. Please note that there is no supervision at the children's playground and parents are liable for their children.
The starting point of the Dachstein-Round is directly at the Agathawirt.
For shoes and outerwear you will find a small drying room at the hotel entrance.
EV charging station
Our hotel parking lot offers two charging stations for electric cars.
Guided mountain bike tours & guided hikes
We also offer guided mountain bike tours & guided hikes. More information is available in the bike info corner and hiking info corner and directly at the reception.
- from 18.00 – 21.00
Hallstatt excursion: the easiest way to Hallstatt
Hallstatt is easiest to reach via the following alternatives:
- On foot or by bike via the east bank hiking/biking trail
- By public bus from the bus stop in Au (about 1 km from the hotel)
- Per train and boat from Steeg-Gosau train station (about 1.5 km from the hotel)
- Per car: on the west side of Lake Hallstättersee - about 13 km - are public, paid parking directly after the tunnel in Hallstatt. Alternatively, you can also continue to Obertraun and from there by boat to Hallstatt.
Infrared heat cabin
- Daily open from 12.00 – 20.30
Internet / Wi-Fi
In the whole hotel you have free wi-fi. The name is "WI-FI - Agathawirt", a password is not required.
We offer a free daily laundry service for sportswear. If you are interested, please contact the reception.
Maps: hiking maps, cycling and mountain bike maps
For hiking maps, cycling and mountain bike maps please contact the reception. We are also happy to be there for you personally for tour advice. You can also find information and tour tips in the Hiking Info Corner and Bike Info Corner in the Stüberl next to the reception.
Tour offers on the Agathawirt website:
Mountain bike tours
Start directly from the Landhotel Agathawirt - we will be happy to advise you at the reception
Pool (outdoor - heated and covered)
The Landhotel Agathawirt has an outdoor pool. This is heated and covered.
The opening hours of the pool are:
- Daily from 07.00 – 20.30
Rental service: Bicycles & Bikes
Rental service: Equipment
You can borrow the following items from the reception desk:
- Hiking sticks
- Rain covers
To use room service, please dial "9" on your room phone. Please note that there is a €3 service charge for room service.
- The room service can be used from 10:00 - 22:00
Safe / Hotel room safe
Each hotel room has a small room safe.
The Landhotel Agathawirt can only assume liability for valuables deposited in the room safe, with a maximum insured amount of 2,000,-€. You are also welcome to deposit your valuables in the hotel safe at the reception.
- Daily open from 12.00 – 20.30
- Daily open from 12.00 – 20.30 Uhr
In each room you will find your own telephone. To make a phone call, please follow these instructions:
Lift the handset
Wait for dial tone
The following phone numbers might be important for you:
Telephone number of Landhotel Agathawirt: +43 6135 8341
Your extension number = your room number
EMERGENCY CALL - at night & hotel internal: 83
Euro-emergency call (international European emergency call number): 112
Fire department: 122
Ambulance service: 144
Other important emergency numbers can be found at oesterreich.gv.at.
On the first floor you will find a table tennis table, which you are welcome to use. Balls and rackets are available free of charge upon request at the reception. Please note that you use the table tennis table only in the operating hours, so as not to disturb the night's rest.
- Operation time from 10.00 – 21.00